Sunday 20 August 2017

Cranberry and cream

I never knew there were two nine thirties on a Sunday? Crawling out of bed, I heard the distinct sound of Snap, Crackle and Pop. Breakfast ? No just my legs preparing to walk to the bathroom. With most days in August being wet and chilly, I wasn't looking forward to a day time gig on someone's lawn in the middle of the country. But what a day it turned out to be. The sun was belting down. The venue was beautiful. The people lovely. The Band note perfect. It was a relaxed and comfortable afternoon for everyone. The band also got fed after the first set. The only problem we had was with the wind in the second half. But I had warned our trumpet player Ted, not to have the quiche. The people sang. The people swayed with the music. The people were happy. We were happy. Cranberry puts on a top show and in any setting, venue and conditions. Quality ...sheer Quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment